We can help you make the most of energy efficient upgrades for your business or home, whether you are interested in LED upgrades, lighting controls, or tracking and reducing your power consumption.
Energy efficiency is a great way to reduce your operating costs. With an in-depth knowledge of the various options on the market, we help our clients figure out how to maximize their ROI.
Call us today (306-850-5710) for a complimentary walkthrough of your business, and a customized energy savings solution.
"I just wanted to send you an email to say thank you for the work you recently completed on the 6.2 KW solar system for our house in Martensville.
From the first consultation to the final walk through I was very impressed with your company and the expertise you provided. Your explanation of the entire process made us comfortable that we were making a sound decision that we would be happy with for years to come.
I was also very happy with the installation. You and your employees showed up to our house when you said you would and the work was very neat and tidy. Your attention to detail was evident and also appreciated when SaskPower signed off on the inspection with no issues or concerns.
I would not hesitate for a second to recommend Bright North Electric to any of your future clients!!"
- J. Garchinski, Saskatoon
"We had Bright North Electric install solar panels on our roof last spring. Ben and his team were great throughout the process - we found them to be knowledgeable, professional, and efficient. We also found their prices to be competitive and Ben was always available to answer questions. Would recommend if looking at solar options!"
- N. Janzen, Saskatoon
If you are considering solar, we will determine if your site is suitable for production and help you select the best system for maximizing your money.
Does solar actually work in Saskatchewan?
Yes. This may surprise you, but Saskatchewan has the highest solar potential of all the Canadian provinces. Our open skies and sunny days are an incredible resource. The greatest obstacle to solar energy in Saskatchewan is the perception that the technology isn’t there yet, or that it wouldn’t work “because no one is doing it.”
Is the technology really “there” yet?
Yes. Thanks to more efficient solar panel technology, LED lights, and energy-saving appliances, solar panels have become a good supplementary source of electricity in a variety of settings. The cost to output ratio has improved to the point where solar technology is often both feasible and worthwhile.
Where is solar considered most advantageous at this point?
- If you are building a new home, or refinancing your mortgage, consider adding the solar installation into the cost of your mortgage and experiencing the benefits of net metering on your monthly power bill.
- If you are building an acreage or cabin, solar may be a great option for you. Consider going off-grid or using the net metering program. (If you install a ground-mounted solar array before building on your property, you can also use your solar power throughout the building process.)
- If you have open land, consider starting a passive income solar farm. SaskPower offers some incentives for this as well.
- If you have a large south-facing roof with few obstructions, your property is ideal for solar.
- If you own or manage commercial property, a solar installation can drastically offset the monthly cost of powering a large building. It will also help the environment, provide great advertising exposure by attracting positive attention to the business, and establish your company as a front-runner for innovation and energy efficient ideas.
If you are interested in solar but aren’t sure if it would work on your property, we are happy to give you a basic assessment free of charge or obligation.
How does net metering work?
SaskPower currently offers a net metering program that allows you to use what you need as you produce it, and "sell" the excess back to them for credit on days when your system doesn't produce enough for all your needs. For more information about the net metering program, visit SaskPower's website: https://www.saskpower.com/Our-Power-Future/Powering-2030/Generating-Power-as-an-Individual/Using-the-Power-You-Make/Net-Metering
Do you have any other questions?
We would be happy to help you. Feel free to call, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about solar energy.
Let’s face it: solar energy is the direction of the future. European countries that share a very similar climate to ours are already years ahead of us in solar production. We can benefit from the existing technology and we are well positioned to make the most of it. In an economy where traditional non-renewable sources of energy are being phased out, solar is an incredible untapped resource that can carry us into the coming years.